top of page

Financial Support

Benefits and Financial Assistance

  • Direct Gov Benefits Information - Information on a range for benefits for disabled people and carers including Disability Living Allowance, Carers Allowance, Personal Independence Payment and housings/heating benefits. Web -

  • Carers Allowance - You could be eligible for carers allowance if you care for someone at least 35 hours a week and they get certain benefits. Eligibility is dependant on how much you earn from any employment/self employment. Web Tel - 0800 731 0297

  • Motability - The Motability Scheme helps you get mobile by exchanging your higher rate mobility allowance to lease a new affordable car, Wheelchair Accessible Vehicle, scooter or powered wheelchair. Web

  • Disabled Facilities Grant (DFG) - You could get a grant from your council if you’re disabled and need to make changes to your home, for example to: widen doors and install ramps, improve access to rooms and facilities - eg stairlifts or a downstairs bathroom, provide a heating system suitable for your needs, adapt heating or lighting controls to make them easier to use. Web

  • Universal Credit - Universal Credit is a payment to help with your living costs. You could be eligible if you are on a low income, do not work or cannot work. Web

  • Access to Work Grant - Grant available to adults with a disability, mental health or health condition. Offer practical support to assist people to keep working, start working or start their own business. Web

  • Citizens Advice Bureau - CAB - Help with benefits and filling out DLA forms. Representatives can also provide advice on appealing decisions and may be able to accompany you to tribunal hearings. Web

  • TURN2US - Free service that helps people in financial need to access welfare benefits, charitable grants and other financial help online, by phone and face to face. The website has a free and easy to use grants search and benefits calculator. Web

  • Fightback 4 Justice - Service providing specialised, expert advice and help on various welfare benefit claims; from advocacy and representation at court to guidance with forms for PIP, ESA & DLA. This is a paid service. Web



  • CEA Cinema Card - This Card enables a disabled cinema guest to receive a complimentary ticket for someone to go with them when they visit a participating cinema. Open to ages 8+. Cost of card is £6 per year. Web



  • ​Family FundHelping families across the UK who are raising a disabled or seriously ill child or young person aged 17 or under. They provide grants for a wide range of items, such as essential household appliances, sensory toys, family breaks, bedding, tablets, furniture, outdoor play equipment, clothing and computers. Web

  • Merlin's Magic Wand - Welcome applications on behalf of children aged 2-18 with a Serious illness/Long Term illness, disability or disadvantage, who would benefit from a day out at a Merlin attraction. Web

  • Zebra Recreation Fund - This project provides funding grants to applicants for recreational activities in their leisure time. This can include family short breaks, specialist swimming lessons, family visits and specialist equipment. Web

  • Blessing's in Disguise - Provide a range of special needs equipment and planned activities via a free service for disabled, disadvantaged and terminally ill young people. Web

  • The Elifar Foundation - Grants provided for specialist equipment for children or young adults with any form of physical or learning disability. Web

  • The Boparan Charitable Trust - Provide grants for children with disabilities, life-limiting illnesses and those who are in extreme poverty across the UK. Grants can fund specialist equipment such as wheelchairs, trikes, sensory toys not available on the NHS, and treatments such as a Speech & Language Therapy and Behavioural Therapy. Web

  • Caudwell Children - Provide grants for specialist equipment for children with disabilities. They also offer subsidised sensory packs. Web

  • New Life - New Life provides funding to families of disabled and terminally ill children for essential community equipment, such as beds, buggies, wheelchairs, seating systems, and much more. Also loan out play therapy pods to children of different ages. Web

  • Over The Wall camps for children - Offering camps for children/families at several locations across the U/K. For 2021 they are offering virtual camps only. Eligibility criteria is on the website. Web

  • Carers' Trust - Provide help and advice on finances as well as grants for carers to access breaks/respite from their caring duties. Web

'Beware of little expenses; a small leak will sink a great ship'
Benjamin Franklin

304976095_1691319211267401_7334497672485505326_n (1).jpg
bottom of page